Do’s and Don'ts
What To Do
1) Please learn to distinguish between American bullfrogs and native frogs. There is information on this website to help you.
2) Please send me your observations of bullfrogs in British Columbia - and please encourage your friends and neighbours to do the same.
3) If your hear of people releasing bullfrogs or you see someone doing it please report it to me immediately.
What To Not Do
1) Please do not transport and release American bullfrogs. It is technically illegal, but it is also a huge complication in the process of systematically eradicating these populations.
2) Please do not try to use bullfrog tadpoles as fish bait. They are distasteful to many predators, including game fish, and just a few escapes could lead to even more unwanted and ecologically harmful populations of American bullfrogs.
Stan A. Orchard
69A Burnside Road West
Victoria , British Columbia V9A 1B6
Phone: 250-858-FROG (3764)